PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREULLY –
Statement of intent – Third Party Equipment
Please note that some activities such as bouncy castles and inflatable slides are renowned for causing accident or injury to participants. Similarly, other activities may carry their own risks. Whilst we do not want to stop them being used in Mapplewell and Staincross Village Hall, the hirer must be aware that the onus of responsibility lies with them in all instances. As such you are strongly advised to make sure that all ‘visitors/users’ attending your event are fully aware that they participate at their own risk. All bonfires and the use of any fireworks is not permitted
The likelihood is that your supplier will ask you to sign a disclaimer against any claims against them, however caused. As such, assume that by signing their disclaimer you are also providing a disclaimer that prevents you making any subsequent claim against Mapplewell & Staincross Village Hall in relation to the use of their equipment and that in addition to (or absent from) this, these terms and conditions will also apply in full.
Proof of Insurance and accreditation
As part of our agreement, it is your responsibility to ensure that we are able to collate and hold on file insurance details, PAT certificates and any other appropriate documents that relate to that goods or services. There is a nominal charge for this service for each supplier used.
We would expect your supplier to have suitable public liability cover for a minimum of £4 Million (ideally £5 Million or over) as well as full up-to-date test certification and any other accreditation deemed necessary.
We reserve the right to refuse access to the hall for any supplier that fails to provide these documents prior to the event – without loss or claim from any third party. By this, we mean that you would still be charged for the hall hire If access to your chosen supplier is denied, so please choose a credible supplier(s) from the outset.
The use of a any outside sourced activities, events and entertainments
As the hirer of the hall and other activities for your event, you, the HIRER, are fully responsible whilst hiring these additional provisions, including bouncy castles, inflatables, games and all other entertainments not supplied by Mapplewell & Staincross Village Hall Ltd (their agents, trustees or any other associated parties) YOU are to ensure that all possible steps are taken to avoid injury or damage to the equipment or property therein.
Please ensure that all the suppliers Safety Instructions and guides are followed in full: Under the terms of our insurers, you are required to have a trained and professional operator in attendance at all times, which forms part of our trading agreement with yourself.
- Most activities have a maximum and minimum age limit and these details should form part of your contract with them. As the ‘responsible person’ Please ensure no-one outside of these restrictions uses the equipment.
- No food or drinks or gum is to be allowed on or near the equipment. Not only does this avoid risk of damage which may incur additional cleaning costs by your supplier, but with many party activities there is an increased risk of choking, such as with bouncy castles and other inflatables
- It is suggested that all footwear, glasses, jewellery, badges etc. MUST be removed before using any inflatable equipment.
- It is suggested that no face paints, party poppers, streamers, silly string or ink based products are to be used either on or near any equipment.
- It is essential that any equipment is used only as intended. For example climbing, hanging or sitting on walls of inflatable is DANGEROUS and under no circumstances should this be allowed.
- All ‘operators’ must have received sufficient training and comply with the operating procedures and rules when operating such devices. Alcohol or any other deliberating substance is forbidden whilst using or supervising these products.
- Make sure that the equipment is not overcrowded, and limit numbers according to the age and size of people using it. Try to avoid large and small Children/adults from using it at the same time.
- Prevent Horseplay, Please ensure Children are not pushing, colliding, fighting or behaving in a manner likely to injure or cause distress to others. Somersaults are strictly forbidden as these are very dangerous on this type of equipment.
- If the equipment is not being used for any part of the day, please ensure that the ‘blower’ or any other connections are switched off at the mains. Not only does this save money but it also reduces the risk of overheating or electrocution.
- Do not allow anyone to bounce on the front safety step or barriers as a Child could easily bounce off the inflatable and get hurt. There is generally a step or other nominate entry point to assist users in getting on or off some inflatables.
- Take a note of any existing health issues. For example, it is essential to ensure that no-one with a history of heart, breathing, back or neck problems is allowed on any equipment that could cause further damage and also any person who is feeling unwell.
- Do not allow anyone to be on an inflatable during inflation or deflation as this is DANGEROUS.
- No pets, toys or sharp instruments to be allowed on or near any inflatable or damageable equipment.
- Please ensure that persons using equipment are not attempting somersaults and are clothed appropriately and that nothing can fall out of their pockets.
- Ensure that an area of 6 feet (2 metres) around the unit is completely clear. For example, a blower should be at least 1 metre away from an inflatable and should not be covered at any time
- No Equipment should be used if it becomes wet on the jumping area. If used outside, no shower cover is fitted and in the event of rain, the unit should not be used
- Where a booking includes use of the outside spaces, in the event of heavy rain, it is strongly recommended that any equipment be switched off. Any wetness, including bubbling (which is normal) can be dried with a towel.
- In the event that a blower stops working, please ensure all users get off the inflatable immediately. Most blowers will have a safety reset button, try pressing this, also check the fuses and make sure the blower tube or deflation tube has not come undone or something has not blown onto and is obstructing the blower. In the event that a blower overheats, or loses power, switch the blower off at the mains, then switch it back on again 1 or 2 minutes later, and it should restart. If it does not, inform us straight away.
- Recorded or live music. We have strict guidelines as to the volume of music allowed under the terms of our premises license. If you are asked to reduce the volume level, please adhere to this request immediately or risk closure of your event.
Please note that Mapplewell & Staincross Village Hall has no liability for any accident, injury or for any other claim, howsoever caused, relating to the external hire of any games, entertainment or activities.
All all persons using any outside sourced equipment do so at their own risk.
The person/s or organisation hiring this Inflatable equipment will be responsible/liable for any damage or injury occurring from or as a result of misuse or reckless use.
These guidelines are for the safety of all people using this equipment, and it is the sole responsibility of the hirer to ensure they are fully adhered to at all times.
Mapplewell & Staincross Village Hall cannot accept any responsibility for any injury caused to anyone using third party equipment.
By the fact that you have received this document and its importance has been highlighted to you (or a responsible member of your party), it is deemed to have been read and understood in full. If you have any questions or concerns, these must be raised at the time of the booking.